Hope you all had a great Spring Break and are ready to take on another quarter. Spring quarter will be a busy one for SEHA as we have many events coming up and hope you will all get involved! Here's a brief look at the events we are planning so far with more details coming as the quarter progresses. If you'd like to see anything added to the list please let us know.
- School of Public Health Day of Service
- SEHA will be volunteering at the UW Farm on Saturday, April 12 from 10am-3pm. Transportation and a free boxed lunch will be provided for all those who participate. We will be working outdoors so come prepared with closed-toe shoes and a jacket with a hood in case of rain.
- The last day to register is Wednesday, April 2nd. Follow this link to sign up, filling in 'UW Farm' as the location you'd like to volunteer at: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/britbele/228281
- Paws-On Science Weekend at the Pacific Science Center
- This 3-day event (April 4th-6th) provides an opportunity for UW researchers to teach children and their families about their work through engaging activities. There will be an Environmental Health Booth set up which will feature a quiz wheel, a microbiology matching game, a photo booth, and prizes! SEHA will be there working with graduate students from DEOHS to run the booth.
- We will be sending out an email later this week with time slots we are signed up for, so keep an eye out!
- WSEHA Annual Conference
- It's not too late to sign up to attend the WSEHA Conference! If you are still interested in attending please let one of the SEHA Officers know and we can provide you with a registration form and more details on the event.
- Career Panel
- SEHA is organizing another career panel this year, to be held in May. We will be inviting a handful of professionals in the field to come speak with EH students about their current jobs and career paths. This is a great opportunity to see what careers may interest you upon graduating and may also be a chance to network and create professional connections. If you'd like us to reach out to someone in a certain field please let us know! Time and date to be announced.
- Worker Memorial Day
- SEHA will also be volunteering at Worker Memorial Day ceremony that's held each spring to honor those who have died in the previous year from job-related injuries or illnesses. More details to come on this as well as a call for volunteers.